Contact India Hook Dental Care
Sleep Medicine Dentistry
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight!
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) occurs when the tongue and soft palate collapse onto the back of the throat, blocking air flow into the lungs. Lacking oxygen, the brain awakens the sleeping person to breathe (up to 300 times per night!), depriving the person of essential REM sleep and causing a list of problems associated with chronic lack of sleep.
Sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder. People with untreated sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during their sleep. Even though this process can happen hundreds of times each night most are not aware it is happening.
OSA: Stats & Facts
Quick Facts About Obstructive Sleep Apnea:
- 1 in 5 adults have it
- 30 Million Americans snore
- Fewer than 10% have been diagnosed
- Nearly 50% of middle-aged adults snore
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) increases the risk of heart attacks, hypertension, congestive heart failure, stroke, diabetes, reflux disease, impotence, & motor vehicle accidents.
- Your partner can lose up to 1 hour of sleep due to your snoring
10 Signs You May Have OSA
Request An Appointment Today